Listen to the podcast in the iTunes store, or here:
In this episode, Katie and I talk about curriculum accountability in your music room. Here are some specific links and notes:
- Choose a starting point: NCCAS, state music standards, etc.
- What it means to be accountable: to yourself, to your administrator, to your colleague(s)
- Why be accountable: honesty in teaching, filling in gaps, fostering high expectations for students
- Keeping track: Year plans, planning for interruptions, grading checklist
- No Guilt!
- Know yourself: What works best for you?Paper/ pencil, using technology, etc.
How to write a year plan:
Strands/ Clusters we use:
- Grading checklist
- Aileen's lesson plan template
- Katie's lesson plan template
- Erin Condren's life planners
What we are consuming: